In Harm’s Way addresses training and applications enhancing the capabilities of the Adaptive Interdisciplinary tactician:
Armamentarium – “
Included in this category is an emphasis on the discipline of jujutsu (jiujitsu), with an eye toward a broader historical understanding and practical perspective on this amazing method of physical culture and personal combat.
Ethos – character, spirit, and Martial Virtue, past and present.
and Northwest ECQ, on topics relevant to our practice and beyond.
As a “living document,” this space is updated, revised, and re-written as understanding of the craft grows.
- More than thirty years in combative disciplines: brown belt Jiu-jitsu (Shen Wu/ACE), black belt Kodokan Judo (Obukan Dojo), with studies in classical Japanese and Chinese traditions.
- Various certifications in arrest and control, defensive tactics, officer survival, and combatives methods from Arrestling, Shivworks, NTOA, and others.
- More than twenty years in Law Enforcement served in Patrol and SWAT assignments.
- Instructor in all phases of Active Threat (Active Shooter) Response.
- Certified Force Science Analyst.
- Recipient of a Purple Heart, Medal of Valor, and the Washington State Law Enforcement Medal of Honor.